Director of Global Master Data Management
About the Company
Our client company is a multinational manufacturer of motor components that serve commercial and industrial appliances. The company has a heavy focus on technology and innovation, and is a leading player in its field.
The Director of Global Master Data Management will be responsible for defining and executing the overall MDM roadmap, including MDM data architecture, data governance and communication, working across the organization with a large number of business and technical stakeholders. Together, this person will lead the design and execution of master data strategy, including the development and implementation activities supporting the usage of data to improve end-to-end business processes related to Johnson Electrics Digital Transformation.
This position will be responsible for the current state assessment of master data and the creation of our future-state master data structures, in order to modernize, simplify and improve the quality, and the integrity of our data. The scope of this role includes the design and delivery of master data solutions that align with the current business application portfolio at Johnson Electric.
This position will have the responsibility for influencing the development and establishment of master data governance including the creation, maintenance and quality of master data, the establishment of policies and procedures, and the design and delivery of data management across the solution enterprise.
This position will be responsible for understanding the interrelationships and impacts associated with the application of master data across end-to-end business processes and directly accountable for the outcomes associated with master data design. This position will serve as a point of escalation for governance, data quality and data conversion issues.
- Design multiyear MDM roadmap and owns roadmap execution that aligns with our Enterprise Systems Strategic Roadmap.
- Supports key company applications (Oracle EBS, Kinaxis Rapid Response, Teamcenter PLM, Camstar MES and others) for MDM, data alignment, data migration, and data quality.
- Facilitates data governance and MDM Steering Committees, leading some cross-functional teams in establishment of these governances.
- Deploy a MDM governance framework, with a focus on improving data quality and the protection of sensitive data through modifications to organization behavior policies and standards, principles, governance metrics, processes, related tools, and data architecture.
- Define, implement and support Johnson Electric data governance strategy to ensure global consistency.
- Assist in developing MDM key business experts throughout Johnson Electric that focus on data integrity.
- Educate and communicate with other Functions and Business Units, providing regular updates on our MDM roadmap.
- Develop and enhance relationships with senior stakeholders while actively managing their expectations.
- Partner and collaborate with Global Process Owners and affiliated programs to ensure data standards align across processes and within the Enterprise application frame work.
- Defines and maintains graphical data usage models including list of applications, list of master data, master data flows between apps to create/update/consume.
- Creates and maintains data dictionary that aligns definitions across all of Johnson Electric Business Units and key business stakeholders.
- Defines data quality metrics/KPI and implement master data quality dashboards.
- Manages master data compliance such as SOX, GDPR and/or other legal compliance requirements to ensure data integrity.
- Coordinates with business process owners, IT & data stewardship teams to harmonize and simplify business processes.
- Establishment of continuous improvement processes to drive clarity in data ownership and systematically improve data quality.
- 5+ years’ experience in MDM with large-scale Enterprise Data
- 3+ years’ experience managing data management professionals
- Proven experience translating problems into actionable MDM initiatives
- Strong business and technical background in master data governance practices
- Demonstrated skills in communication and ability to manage relationships across business and functional areas
- Ability to manage and develop cooperative and constructive relationships across business and functional areas
- Deep understanding of current advanced data management and governance technologies and trends
- Organized and detail-oriented with the ability to prioritize
- Cooperates cross-functionally, with experience leading these cross-functional teams
- Commit to Customers and stakeholders
- Pragmatic & Open minded
- Leadership & self-starter
- Fluent English spoken and written